Get drumming fast with features to go the distance.
Crushing bass drums, cracking snares, melodic toms and shimmering cymbals are all at your fingertips when you sit behind the DM7 USB Kit. Experience the thrill of busting out beats on eight total drum and cymbal pads powered by a sound module with over 400 sounds. Between the stable rack, triple-zone snare pad, choke-able crash and USB connectivity, the DM7 USB Kit gives you flagship electronic drumset features at an ultra-affordable price.
With a built-in metronome, lessons and a performance record feature, the DM7 USB Kit not only accommodates your development but also contributes to it. If you're looking for a kit to get you drumming fast with advanced features hard to outgrow, look no further than the DM7 USB Kit.
NATURAL FEEL AND FEATURES
The DM7 USB Kit gives you five, great-feeling, velocity-sensitive drum pads that are designed to withstand heavy hitters, without sacrificing their ability to capture performance dynamics. Play all day and night without driving your neighbors nuts due to the pads' responsive rubber surface that is quiet and resilient. No need to purchase new drum heads every few months like an acoustic drumset; these pads are tough. As smart as it is tough, the large snare pad has three separate zones to allow discreet sounds to be performed at once. Now you can open a track with a solid snare sound, lay down a mellow cross-stick in the verse and then crank up the chorus with a blistering rimshot, truly replicating the versatility of an acoustic snare drum.
Just as tough as the drums, the DM7 USB Kit's three cymbal pads give you fantastic feel and performance. Providing the same level of realism found in the snare pad, the crash cymbal allows you to immediately stop or "choke" the sound by grabbing the pad with your hand. This technique is often used to great effect in just about all music genres, but isn't always available in electronic drums.
SOUNDS AND CONTROL
The DM7 drum module will have you banging out beats in no time. An intuitive, easy-to-use layout quickly scrolls through the 50 preset kits built from the more than 400 individual sounds. Once you've found the right kit, fire up the flexible metronome and practice exercises to get on the path to perfection. When you're ready to lay down those practiced beats, play along to the 52 internal songs to see if you can keep up! Also, the DM7 module allows you to connect and mix your iPod through a 1/4" line input to play along with your favorite songs. Record up to 10 performances and then listen back with your friends to show them how awesome you are.
As your skill progresses, the DM7 drum module will continue to grow with you. Tweak the pitch, panning, and reverb level of individual sounds and then create up to 30 custom drum kits to express your personal sound. The DM7 USB Kit can also be used with your favorite music software. Through a standard USB connection, you can use the drum and cymbal pads to play and record straight to your computer. The possibilities are endless
The last thing you want to do when you get a drum set is spend hours assembling it. No worries; the DM7 USB Kit ships with a pre-assembled rack that lets you get to jamming quick. Four posts give the DM7 USB Kit a solid, balanced foundation that won't inch away from you as you play. Drum and cymbal pads are all fastened using large wingbolts that allow you to obtain a comfortable grip and tighten securely. Cymbal arms feature mini-boom tilters for a great deal of flexibility when positioning, and the kick pad is equipped with retractable spurs to hold it in place.
BFD is a trademark of FXpansion Audio UK Ltd.
Toontrack is a registered trademark of Toontrack.
Reason is a trademark of Propellerhead Software AB.
iPod is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Five-drum, three-cymbal drum kit with USB-enabled drum module
- More than 400 stereo sounds in 80 kits
- Large, triple-zone snare pad for triggering head, rimshot and cross-stick sounds
- Crash with choke feature to immediately stop the sound
- Flexible metronome and learning exercises to help you become a better drummer
- Record your performance, listen back, and share with friends
- 30 custom drum kits let you mix and match your favorite sounds together
- Customize individual drum and cymbal sounds' volume, pan, tuning, and reverb settings
- Eight studio EQ settings create the perfect room, club, or stadium sound
- 1/4" line in mixes your iPod or other music player to play along to
- Pre-assembled, four-post rack for quick setup and stable support
- Rack clamps feature large wing-bolts allowing fast, secure adjustment
- Mini-boom cymbal tilters position your cymbals exactly where you like them
- Retractable spurs hold the large kick pad in place when being played
- Headphone output to play all night long without disturbing the peace
- Line out to connect to an amplifier, PA or recording system
- Works with iPad via Apple USB Adaptor (sold separately)
- USB connection to play and record to your favorite computer music software
- Includes ToonTrack EZ Drummer Lite software
- DM7 USB drum module
- 8" Triple-zone snare pad
- (3) Single-zone 8" pads
- Kick pad with stand
- 8" Hi-hat
- 12" Crash with choke
- 12" Ride
- Hi-hat control pedal
- Rack, complete with mounting hardware
- Cable snake
- Module mount
- Power supply
- ToonTrack EZ Drummer Lite software coupon card with download link and authorization code
- Quick start guide
Toms: single zone pads
Kick: pad with stand, accommodates single and double pedals
Crash: single zone with choke
Ride: single zone
Hi-hat: single zone with control pedal
DM7 drum module
Kits: 80 (50 preset, 30 user)
Tracks: 52 with mute-able drums
Effects: stereo reverb
Master Effects: EQ (8 settings)
Metronome: adjustable tempo, time signature and sound
Editable Per Instrument: voice, volume, pan, pitch and reverb level
Record: 10 songs
Display: backlit LCD
Audio I/O: ¼” headphone, ¼” line In, ¼” line Out
MIDI: USB (class compliant for Mac and PC)
Shipping Dimensions: 33.8"(D) x 22.4"(W) x 13"(H)
Shipping Weight: 48 lbs.
How hard is it to assemble the DM7 USB Kit?Of all the electronic drumsets Alesis manufactures, the DM7 USB Kit is the easiest kit to assemble. The frame comes assembled in the box. Simply lift it out, unfold the arms and start attaching the pads and cymbals.
Where can I find the DM7 Module's hardware serial number?The DM7 Module's hardware serial number is located on the rear of the unit, underneath the mounting plate. Using a phillip's-head screwdriver, remove the 4 screws that hold the plate in place. The serial number is printed with a barcode and will begin with '(21)'.
Also refer to the following video:
DM7 USB Kit - Locating the serial number