THE ONLY HARD DISK RECORDER WORTHY OF THE ADAT NAME
HD24 is the world's first 24-track hard disk recorder designed to fit into any ADAT environment and match ADAT's legendary performance and affordability.
HD24 is built exclusively for the purpose of recording music instead of data, resulting in remarkable stability and performance. HD24 enables engineers to record up to 24 tracks of high-resolution 24-bit recording at 44.1 and 48 kHz sample rates.
Two hot-swappable media bays provide convenient access to recording drives and allow data backup in minutes. You can edit tracks internally or easily transfer to computer via an Ethernet connection.
HD24 features ADAT Optical and ADAT Sync, enabling it to work efficiently with existing systems. It offers the same exceptional user-friendly interface ADAT users have come to expect.
HD24 can be upgraded to HR24XR with the EC2 module. This user-installable option replaces the A/D and D/A converters with the renowned AKM converters used in the acclaimed MasterLink. EC2 improves performance at all sample rates and also expands analog and digital-input compatibility to include 88.2 and 96 kHz sample resolutions.
HR24 packs 24 channels of digital audio I/O into a single-unit recorder that easily fits into any environment.
Alesis reinvents digital recording. Again.
- 24-track, 24-bit digital audio recording (12 tracks at 96kHz with EC2 optional updgrade)
- 24 analog inputs (1/4" TRS)
- 24 analog outputs (1/4" TRS)
- 24-channel ADAT Optical I/O
- Dual recording bays utilize standard, low-cost, removable IDE computer drives
- Instant random access to audio using ADAT/FST (File Streaming Technology).
- Internal editing capabilities include cut, copy, paste, and track-move with undo.
- Multiple units can be synchronized to create a larger system
- Easily integrated into an existing ADAT system
- Ethernet port enables computer connection
- MIDI I/O, MTC out
- ADAT Sync in/out
- Word Clock in
- Caddy 1: 40GB HD
- Caddy 2: empty
- Caddies can be fitted with IDE/EIDE/ATA drive at 5,400/7,200/10,000 RPM up to 2TB
- 24 tracks at 24-bit, 44.1 or 48
- 12 tracks at 88.2 or 96 kHz with optional EC2 upgrade
- Analog: 24 24-bit inputs, 24 24-bit outputs (1/4" TRS, +4dBu)
- Digital: 24-channel I/O via 3 ADAT Optical inputs and 3 ADAT Optical outputs
- Other: MIDI in/out. Alesis Sync in/out (DB-9). Word Clock input (BNC, 75). Footswitch jack for punch in/out (1/4"). LRC input for traditional wired remote (1/4"). 10 Base-T Ethernet (RJ-45)
- Frequency response: 20Hz20kHz +0/1dB
- Dynamic range: 103dB A/D, >103dB D/A (A-weighted)
- Distortion: <0.003% THD+N. Input levels: nominal +4dBu, maximum +19dBu
- Pitch control: +100 cents/200 cents, min-max 3050kHz (30100kHz with version 2.0)
POWER & DIMENSIONS.
- Power: 90-230V AC, 60W
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 5.09" x 19" x 17" (127mm x 483mm x 432mm), 3U rackmount
- Weight: 20lbs (9.07kg)
|Manuals & Documentation||Size||Type|
|HD24 - Product Overview
|HD24XR - Product Overview
|HD24 & HD24XR - Reference Manual
|HD24 & HD24XR - Reference Manual (French)
|HD24 & HD24XR - EC-2 Reference Manual Addendum
|Software & Drivers||Size||Type|
|HD24 & HD24XR Firmware v1.21
This is version 1.21 of the HD24 & HD24XR Firmware. This adds support for SATA hard disks when used with the following caddies: the Alesis HD24 SATA Caddy part n0. 7-10-01-451, and the ViPowER SATA Caddy.
|HD24 & HD24XR Firmware v1.20
This is version 1.20 of the HD24 & HD24XR Firmware. This fixes a bug where the unit would hang upon entering the clock rate page in the Utility menu. Specific information for this release can be reviewed in the Release Notes.
|HD24 & HD24XR Firmware v1.18
This is version 1.18 of the HD24 & HD24XR Firmware. This fixes a couple of bugs related to the transport controls.
|FST/Connect Update - v1.00 to v1.01 for Mac OS X
This is version 1.01 of the OS-X FST/Connect software for the Alesis Fireport.
Compatible with Mac OS 10.4.11 and Leopard 10.5.
This release of FST/Connect contains bug fixes for some import and export operations.
|FST/Connect - v1.05 for Windows Vista
This is version 1.05 of the Windows FST/Connect software for the Alesis Fireport. This release of software is for Windows Vista users only. Details of the changes to this version may be found in the Release Notes.
|FST/Connect - v1.04 for Windows 2000 and Windows XP
This is version 1.04 of the Windows FST/Connect software for the Alesis Fireport. This release of software is for users of Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
|FST/Connect Update - v1.03 to v1.04 for Windows
|FST/Connect Update - v1.02 to v1.04 for Windows
|FST/Connect Update - v1.00 to v1.04 for Windows