The QS7 features a 76-key semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch and release velocity. The QS7 incorporates 16 megabytes of onboard sound ROM. It features Alesis' acclaimed phase-accurate stereo grand piano voice, as well as a full complement of organs, strings, drums/percussion, brass, woodwinds, and rhythmic/sonic loops. It also features several banks of both new and classic synth textures, including waveforms from Keith Emerson's famous analog modular synthesizer.
The QS7 offers 640 Programs and 500 multitimbral Mixes, which may be expanded to offer 1660 Programs and 1300 Mixes (32MB of ROM) using its two PCMCIA sound card slots and Alesis sound cards. All of the QS7's internal and external ROM and RAM voices are immediately accessible without installing expansion boards or waiting for disk drives.
QS7's extensive master controller features include four fully-assignable real-time control sliders as well as pitch and modulation wheels. A sustain pedal and two assignable pedal inputs are included on the rear panel. The QS7 also implements the powerful QS Modulation Matrix, allowing users to assign virtually any controller source to any modulation parameter. The onboard effects processor utilizes four totally discrete effects busses for powerful multieffects that include reverb, delay, rotary speaker simulation, distortion, chorus and much more.
Using Alesis' new Sound Bridge 2.0 software and any Mac or PC, the QS7 can write AIFF and WAV samples as well as Standard MIDI Files and Program data to PCMCIA Flash or SRAM cards. Standard MIDI File sequences can then be played back by the QS7 without the use of any external sequencing device. For direct digital connection to ADAT recorders and compatible products, the QS7 includes the ADAT Optical Digital Interface. Also included is a serial data port that provides direct connection to a Macintosh or PC without a MIDI interface. Four independent 1/4" audio outputs and a headphone output are also provided.
Like Alesis' QS6, the QS7 includes a CD-ROM in Mac and Windows format that includes sequencing software, Alesis' new Sound Bridge 2.0 and Freeloader software, General MIDI sequences, editor/librarian tools, additional sample and program data and other third party software. The QS7's strong all-metal chassis is designed for use both in studios and on the road. Dimensions of the QS7 are 44 1/4" wide x 11" deep x 3 1/4" high.
- Type : Sample playback synthesizer keyboard
- Keys: 76 velocity and aftertouch sensitive, semi-weighted, synth-action
- Polyphony : 64 voices
- MIDI Channels : 16
- ROM : 16MB, expandable to 32MB using 2 PCMCIA ROM and RAM cards.
- Sounds : 512 preset 128 user programs, 400 preset and 100 user mixes, expandable using PCMCIA cards.
- Samples : 48kHz Linear samples
- General MIDI : GM compatible.
- Effects : On board effects, based on the Alesis Q2 FX processor
- Drums : Drum kits, rhythm loops
- Input / Output : 4 Audio Out, Phones, MIDI IN, OUT, THRU, Serial interface for Mac/PC, ADAT optical digital output, 48kHz input, 2 PCMCIA card slots
- Controls : Pitch wheel, Mod. wheel, 4 assignable control sliders, 3 Pedal inputs
- Sequencer No on-board sequencer, can play standard MIDI files from PCMCIA expansion cards
- Other features : Using PCMCIA Flash RAM cards, custom samples and programs can be added.
How do I reinitialize my QS7 keyboard?Power on while holding: Keypad buttons "0" and "3".
Evidence: Program and Mix modes will both show "0" as the selected number with a name made of two quotation marks. An initialized program will be active consisting of a single pure sinewave.
Note: Does NOT clear memory
Resets the QuadraSynth's Global functions, but leaves the Mix, Program, and Effect memory intact in the User Bank. The Preset Bank is unaffected, as it is permanently stored in the keyboard's ROM (Read Only Memory).
|Manuals & Documentation||Size||Type|
|QS Sysex Document
|QS 7 - Reference Manual
|QS 7 - Program Chart
|Software & Drivers||Size||Type|
|Factory Preset Bank 1
|Factory Preset Bank 2
|Factory Preset Bank 3
|Factory Preset Bank 4
|Factory User Bank
|Expando Bank - Atmosphere
|Expando Bank - Drums
|Expando Bank - Guitars
|Expando Bank - Keyboards
|Expando Bank - Orchestral
|Expando Bank - Rhythm
|Expando Bank - Synths
|Expando Bank - Techno