Take commanding, tactile control over any parameter of your favorite music software with the QX49. Through standard USB connection, the QX49 receives power while also transmitting MIDI data to your Mac or PC software or hardware device of choice. Punch out a drumbeat on great-feeling pads, open up a filter with smooth, tight knobs, or adjust volume and playback of sequencing software with long faders and snappy buttons. QX49's immense parameter control and velocity-sensitive keyboard get your hands off of the mouse and into the action for a more efficient, visceral music-making experience.
With a 49-note keyboard, the QX49's pitch range is perfect for performing with software instruments and samplers while still remaining highly portable. Furthermore, the QX49 provides keyboard players with a full compliment of controls including pitch and modulation wheels, octave up/down buttons and the ability to send program changes directly from the keys. The QX49's keyboard can even be split into sections to control multiple instruments at once!
The QX49's array of assignable controls work with virtually all music software and MIDI hardware devices. Whether you're looking to fire drum samples, tweak a software synthesizer or adjust individual tracks in a mix, the QX49's extensive layout ensures appropriate feel and proper response with its eight sliders and rotary knobs, four backlit drum pads and dedicated transport controls.
The compact controller features USB-MIDI and traditional MIDI jacks for easy connection to Mac, PC and MIDI hardware. The QX49 also has two traditional MIDI jacks: one for sending MIDI data directly from the keyboard and the other for routing MIDI data from a connected computer. When not using a computer, the QX49 can also be powered using a wall power adaptor (sold separately) to perform and control MIDI hardware. A footswitch input is also included on the back panel.
The QX49 comes with a copy of Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition software for performing, recording, and sequencing music right out of the box. The QX49 is also the perfect choice for controlling hardware MIDI devices. Its compact size and portability make it ideal for fitting into existing rigs and then hitting the road. Place it a tier above an existing workstation keyboard and utilize QX49's streamlined layout to maximize your sound and performance options.
Start taking full control of your favorite music software or hardware devices with the QX49.
Ableton is a trademark of Ableton AG
- 49-key keyboard controller for use with virtually all Mac and PC music software and MIDI devices
- Velocity-sensitive keys with modulation and pitch-bend wheels
- Eight faders perfect for adjusting volume or synth parameters
- Four drum pads for triggering samples, loops and sequencing drums
- Eight knobs ideal for adjusting pan position or any other parameter
- Six assignable buttons for triggering software controls
- USB-MIDI and traditional MIDI for use with Mac and PC, as well as MIDI hardware
- Includes Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition software included for instant recording, sequencing, and performing
- Works with iPad via Apple USB Adaptor (sold separately)
- Bus-powered via USB, so you won't need a power cable
- QX49 keyboard controller
- USB cable
- Quick start guide
|Included Accessories:||QuickStart Guide, USB cable|
|MIDI Outputs:||1 5-pin jack|
|USB:||1 slave connector (MIDI over USB)|
|Power:||USB bus powered; Optional Power Adapter: 9V DC 500mA, Pin Positive, 5.5mm outer diameter (not included)|
|Dimensions:||(WxDxH) 32" x 9" x 3"|
How do I edit MIDI Channel and note-number assignments for the pads?
- Press the ADVANCED button to enter Edit mode.
- Press a key corresponding to the setting you want to edit. For example:
- Press the key labeled DATA 1 to edit MIDI note number assignment.
- Press the key labeled CHAN ASSIGN to edit MIDI channel number assignment.
- Strike the pad whose assignment you want to edit.
- On the right side of the keyboard use keys labeled 0-9, and ENTER to enter a new MIDI note number assignment for the pad.
- Press the key labeled ENTER to confirm your assignment
- To make additional assignments, simply strike another pad, and repeat steps 4-5 above.
- Press ADVANCED when finished to exit Edit mode save your adjustments.
What MIDI CC messages do the transport controls on the QX49 transmit?
Button MIDI CC Loop CC 119 Rewind CC 118 Fast Forward CC 117 Stop CC 114 Play CC 115 Record CC 116
|Manuals & Documentation||Size||Type|
|QX49 - Product Overview
|QX49 - QuickStart Guide
|QX Series - Controller Mapping in Logic Pro
|Software & Drivers||Size||Type|
|QX49 - Firmware Update Installer for Windows [v1.05]
Includes Wheel Calibration Tool, Update Application for Windows and installation instructions. Updated by Alesis on 2.29.2012.
|QX49 - Ableton Live Controller Map
Includes installation and setup instructions.
|QX49 - Cubase Controller Map
Includes installation and setup instructions.